The project was launched 10 years ago by Brian Singer, a San Francisco designer, he sent blank journals with cover designs by a variety of emerging and well-known artists into the world with an open invitation to add writing, art, poetry, and musings to each journal and pass it along.
The journals have traveled by air, sea, and land throughout the US and 40 other countries. 15 of the returned journals were on display at the Skirball cultural center in LA.
This art form is a complicated combination of urban graffiti, rude bathroom wall musings, deep confessions, poetry and enlightening philosophy.
- reading ‘between’ the lines in every sense of the word
- legal and seemingly structured new age graffiti
- inspiring to see people’s creativity
- relevant- I found an entry from London & an entry about Lomography
- impressed with the variety of cities the journals traveled to
- organized chaos
- found the "confession-type" entries to be the most entertaining/interesting